Studay Says Last Year 17% of U.S. Travelers Chose Private Accomodations

 Is Airbnb a Distribution or Hospitality Company?

From Hotelier, November 10, 2014

According to PhoCusWright’s Share This! Private Accommodation & the Rise of the New Gen Renter, 22 million adults stayed in private accommodation when traveling for leisure over the past year. While that number looks big, and it has been growing, it still accounts for just 17% of all U.S. travelers. Of the remaining 83%, more than four in five of those travelers did not even consider renting a home, apartment or space when traveling (see figure below).