New Vacation Rental Insurance Offering from HomeAway

This Is How Much Insurance You’ll Need Before Renting Out a Vacation Home

From Main St., March 6, 2015

Vacation rental site HomeAway — which also owns rental services VRBO, and — recently partnered with CBIZ Property & Casualty Program to create a primary vacation-rental insurance plan called HomeAwayAssure to cover gaps in a homeowner’s insurance policy that don’t cover rentals.

The policy covers replacement costs and liability protection for the property and the goods inside it. The plan also covers damage to the home and its items by a guest, loss of income in the event a vacation home can no longer be rented due to an event such as a natural disaster and liability coverage if a guest is hurt or dies in the house. While HomeAway’s name is on the policy, it’s available to any vacation property owner.